Artis International offers a competitive internship program for those interested in conflict, violence, security, policy, and research. Selected interns will have the opportunity to compete for research positions within Artis. Successful Artis interns are well positioned to enter top university programs or the related job market. Below are the specifics for the internship programs.
You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- The research application, resume or CV and two letters of reference (one academic and one professional) must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted at any time.
- The application must take the form of a research proposal (maximum of 500 words). The proposal should describe the research, including an overview, description of the target population(s) and the study implications for science and policy.
- Research proposals should focus on understanding pathways to or from politically motivated violence by individuals or groups.
- Successful applications will be announced via email.
- Internships may be 3 or 6 months in duration.
Artis Intern Workshop:
- Selected interns may be asked to attend an internship workshop (in-person or virtual).
- Each intern will receive all other interns’ research proposals. Interns are required to read and be prepared to engage on all topics.
- Interns will be required to present their research (60 minutes: 30 minutes for the presentation and 30 minutes for Q&A) for critique from their peers and Artis staff.
- Logistics of the workshop will be announced following acceptance to the internship program.
- Interns are required to conduct their research in three or six months following acceptance into the program.
- Interns will submit their research papers (describing the outcome of their project) at the conclusion of their internship.
- Interns will be required to present their research.
- Artis staff will select research papers for publication on the Artis website.
- Interns selected for publication will be awarded with the title of Research Assistant or Research Fellow and given the opportunity to contribute to ongoing research at Artis.
Other Important Information:
- Artis does not pay interns.
- Intern may be asked to participate in research meetings.
- Interns selected for publication will be promoted within Artis and eligible to work as a paid researcher.